Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Music, Movie, Magic

THE CALENDAR CONTINUES. Christmas is weird, because everything up to Christmas is a normal workday with anticipation of Christmas.  Then everything after is just a normal workday.  So buildup-buildup-buildup-CHRISTMAS!...back to work.  That was a little disappointing.  (Note from Mom: I feel your pain, David)  But I quickly got back into the routine.





UNEXPECTED BLESSINGS. I went on Scambio (exchange: working with a different companion) Monday to a place called Cuneo.  We had been through about 24 hours, the normal duration, when the other Anziani said they couldn't take the train down because of an appointment.  So we'd have to come up to them.  Or we could wait for the rest of the day, and just come up on P-day.

I initially wanted to come back right away, but upon further consideration, I felt prompted to stay the rest of the day.  So I opted to continue the Scambio until P-day.  During that exchange, I tried to be the best example of finding work, and we did pretty well.  Three people gave us phone numbers, and one asked when we could come visit him.  I like to think that's because I stayed.

CHRISTMAS ACTIVITY TREAT. My exchange companion likes (the card game) Magic, so I played with him.  It was fun; I hadn't played in a little while.  And, he has some gooooood cards :)

For Christmas we watched "Wreck It Ralph," and I had forgotten how good movies are!
We got to the test-drive scene with the girl's car, and "Shut Up and Drive" came on, and we were thinking, "Yeah, good music!"  It was a lot of fun.

Love you!
Anziano Whitesell

No comments:

Post a Comment