Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Each Life that Touches Ours for Good

Ciao!

Yes, the Mother's Day skype was enjoyable for me, too.

LEARNING FROM OTHERS. It's just sort of weird because now all these "last missionary things" are creeping up. I gave my 'dying testimony' yesterday. That's when every missionary who is leaving that transfer, bears their testimony of their missionary work, during the zone training. So I bore my testimony of the work I've done over the past 2 years...it felt overrated, because you can't condense two whole years into a couple of minutes. And if you could, it still wouldn't have the same impact because I was the one learning. But I talked about the influences we have on others, and the influence they have on us.
Our ward (congregation) had a Mother's Day dinner!
We helped set up, and ate some while we were there.

FEELING GRATEFUL. And during two years, you meet a lot of people. There is a hymn that Sanchez showed to me, called "Each Life that Touches Ours for Good." That describes my feelings about the friends I've made. I thank God for those people who have had a positive influence on me and became my friends.

BETTER THAN THE PHONE. We skyped from the house of the Nicotra family: a nice Italian family. One of their sons just returned from a mission to South Africa. And, they skyped their son who is serving a mission in England just before we got there. Now, twice I've seen other families skyping their missionary children from here, on Christmas Day and Mother's Day. I haven't know what skyping someone from the other side was like, but I see these families' joy at communicating with someone they haven't seen in awhile.
Our GPS doesn't know what it's doing...

My greenie Liu told me that Andersen, my trainer, is about to marry Liu's ex-girlfriend. Small world. He's been home about a year now. That seems crazy, it was so long ago, but here we are.

Have a great week!
Anziano Whitesell

No comments:

Post a Comment