Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Nun on a Bicycle

Hey!

I am looking forward to the Mother's Day Skype.  We will actually be doing it with the same member of the church who hosted us for the Christmas Day Skype.  If 9a.m.-11a.m. or therabouts works for you guys, I'll skype around then.  It works out, being around 3 my time.  So I'll call at 9a.m. your time.  It'll be about an hour-long call, since my companion also has to call around that time.

I'll just leave a short note this time, since we're talking shortly.

FUN STORY.  We were walking around town, and a random guy stops us and says, "You guys taught me 2-3 months ago." Now, I was here 2-3 months ago, and I've never taught this man.  But he said it wasn't the Jehovah's Witnesses, so either he was taught in another city, or he's crazy.  In any case, we got his contact info since he was interested in keeping up lessons.  So we'll teach him this week.


DIFFERENCES NOTED. I'm looking at the differences between "miracles," "tender mercies," and "chance encounters."  One thing I don't do, as a person or as a missionary, is seeing every little nice thing in life as a miracle.  So I studied a bit and found:

Miracle = when God changes some physical law to accommodate His purposes, when needed (or rather, imposes His will/a higher law that we don't understand).
Tender Mercy = a blessing of comfort we receive from the Lord, an acknowledgement that He knows we are here.
Chance Encounter = something memorable we stumble across.  So I sometimes discount Tender Mercies as Chance Encounters, and it gets confusing when you also throw in People God Has Prepared And Put In My Path.

So, Guy from last week who we stopped and he invited us in: Prepared Person/Tender Mercy...God knew we would be there.
Random Guy who called us over and asked to be taught: Prepared Person

BIKE REFLECTORS. A nice Chance Encounter was: as we were biking home through Centro, a couple of people stopped us and put reflectors on our bikes.  They were some college students doing a bike safety activity.  So now my tires have reflectors.

And a funny Chance Encounter was seeing, as we walked down the street, a nun...on a bicycle...carrying a bunch of plastic-wrapped roses.  Hmmm...don't see that every day.

I'll talk to you in a few days!

Love, Anziano Whitesell

No comments:

Post a Comment