Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Bikes, Synagogues, and Being EXTRA Sick

Hello from Italy!

SICKLY. Well, today's news isn't great.  The cough lasted, and developed into chest pains and trouble breathing.  So I went to the hospital, took a blood test and got an x-ray, and was diagnosed with pneumonia.  Blech.  So this upcoming week I'm supposed to be on bed rest and stay in the house...a full week to ten days.  I don't think I've ever had to do bed rest for ten days before.  But I guess I picked it up, and now I can't do anything but rest it off.

I was taking Bronchenolo for the cough, and Ibuprofen for the pain.  Now I've stopped taking Ibuprofen as frequently, since that hasn't helped very much with pain.  The coughing still hurts, though: when I feel a cough coming on, I sit down and brace myself.  I'd give it a solid 7 on pain.

They also gave me Laxocavin (?) or something spelled similarly.  Just take 1 a day for the next 10 days.  Then go back in 20 days for a follow-up X-ray to make sure it's all gone.  So, this next week I'll finish reading Jesus the Christ, write a few letters, and start on some church BYU manuals on the Bible and the Doctrine & Covenants.  Not being able to leave the house isn't much fun.

NEW COMPANION. I've found out that Anziano Lindsey enjoys drawing and has done some pretty cool designs.  He's going home in less than 12 weeks -- less weeks than I have months.  And he's pretty ready to go home.  Finding work will be different this transfer, as he isn't used to much "street" finding.  But I'm still hoping for good things this transfer.

RIDING BICYCLES. We've been riding our bikes, just as often as if the weather was warmer.

If people came to Ferrara for the first time, I would say they should go to the Castle.  There's also an art museum called the Palazzo Diamante.

SYNAGOGUES. There's also a Jewish synagogue/museum.  But, here's a news flash: this past Zone Conference, the President shared an update from his weekly security bulletin.  Since ISIS has been targeting Jewish buildings, and attacks have been made primarily around synagogues and Jewish schools, missionaries are recommended to stay away from any Jewish buildings.

Anziano Wright, in Trieste, might have to get a new apartment, because theirs is right across the street from the local synagogue...there's no avoiding it.  So, that's something for us to keep in mind as missionaries.

TIME. On transfer day, I was waiting in the station all day, from 7a.m to 7 p.m., waiting for my new companion.  But he got in safely, and we headed back to the apartment.

Love you!
Anziano Whitesell

No comments:

Post a Comment